The Trials and Tribulations of Max E Pad

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Whole New Me

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and cooked Jonathan one hell of a breakfast. It was awesome. Normally I despise having pancakes for breakfast, actually, I despise pancakes in general, but I was even impressed by my own pancake making skills and ate it with glee. I know the question on top of everyone's mind is "What in God's name are you doing up at 5:30 in the morning?!" I agree, normally I would ponder the same thing since I have never, in my entire 23 years of existence, woken up remotely close to 5:30 in the morning, but I guess with age, you start to want to do something nice for somebody other than yourself. Haha....sike, I am not that philanthropic, I do not do things for the good of society or humanity. I toss paper cups and used paper napkins (sometimes, unused....) out the car window, I spit my phlegm, cigarette butts and chewed up gum on the side of the streets and I don't recycle; I leave the water running when I brush my teeth and I toss out paper that may have just one word written on it....the point is, I couldn't care less about the environment; Let me put it this way if BMW never comes out with a Hybrid-esque, environmentally safe/sound car and the good of the world depended on it, it would not deter my decision to buy one one bit.

I'm doing this because I made a promise to myself, actually, several promises.

Jonathan has been working extremely hard working both as a graphic designer for AU and as a Library Monitor. On top of all that, he is also investing much of his time and energy into jump starting his own marketing consulting business. He puts in about an average 50-55 hour weeks just for AU and another maybe 10-15 hours for his own company. Needless to say, the boy's tired so I figure I do something nice for him. He puts up with a lot of my crap. Those of you who grew up with me, or have lived with me, know how particular I am about certain things and being even my friend is no walk in the park. I am not evil, I just have a lot of petpeeves and judgments about a lot of things.

So the first promise I made to myself is to do everything in my power to alleviate some of Jonathan's stress whether it's doing extra house work or cooking him a healthy breakfast (okay, so maybe pancakes are not the healthiest of all breakfasts, but he likes it). "But this is doing something for someone else", you say? Well, actually, not really. See, if Jonathan's happy, then he makes everything easy and smooth; therefore, I'm happy. If Jonathan's not stressed and doesn't have to worry about house chores and the such, then he'll have time and energy to spare, and we all know what time and energy can spell out...yes, you've guessed it S-E-X, I get sex, so if A equals B and B equals C then A equals C equals SEX.....yes, sex, 'nough said.

Also, this past birthday I was feeling like I haven't accomplished anything physically. I have everything going for me at this point. I am where I want to be at financially, relationship-wise and career-wise; however, the one thing I've been neglecting is my body. Though I was athletic in college, that sort of died down as college years progressed. With each passing year, I became more sluggish and more lazy (is it more lazy or lazier? Apparently my grammar has been going as well....). I stopped playing tennis, I stopped juggling a soccer ball around, stopped swimming and I also stopped going to the gym. All those things, believe it or not, I onced loved to do. Yes, I am more than a Gucci-clad, Prada-wearing shopaholic sipping martinis at Barney's 10 in the morning. I, once, was a jock (haha, definitely would not go that far).
In any event, I started to feel like I had to do something with my body and it started with the day I saw my stomach hanging over my jeans (yes, as skinny as I may look, don't let yourself be disillusioned into thinking that I don't have a gut..oh because, Lord knows, I do....) I signed up for a gym about 3 months ago and I go usually every day during lunch. I started running too, something I enjoy immensely. So I thought to myself, what better way to prove to yourself that you're still young and healthy (and hot) then to run a marathon?? Not only will have you have "marathon" to breg about, but a stellar body to boot! So I promised myself that for my birthday next year (2006 - age 24) I am going to run the San Francisco Marathon and I'm training for it now. And by waking up early everyday, I can run for 30 mins to an hour and still go to the gym at lunch, so this week is like a "getting-use to" period of waking up early.

This is definitely a whole new me. I am now caring, athletic, and able to make my boobies dance once again. I'm still trying to kick the cigarette habit, but that will come with time as I run more and more; it's a hard habit to kick!! But, nonetheless, I am trying to make a change.

I'm Hot

1 Comments:

  • Howie,
    What an inspirational posting!!!!!! WHY THE HELL DONT YOU MAKE ME PANCAKES?!? All I get are some duck feet when I'm with you. Mmmm, duck feet....

    Really, the marathon? You know, me being how genius I am, asked a coworker the other day how long the Chicago marathon was.. then asked how long the NY marathon was. I haven't lived that day down since...

    By Blogger Jeanne, at 3:24 PM, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home